Register in advance online and receive a $5 discount off the audition fee – $25 advance/$30 at door
Saturday, March 25th 2:00 pm – 4:15 pm
Sunday, March 26th 2:00 pm – 4:15 pm
2:00pm – 2:30pm – Performance : Introduction to Arch Ballet Repertoire – World Premiere of Innate Prismrose
2:45pm – 3:15pm – Ballet Warm up
3:15pm – 4:15pm – Repertoire Class
The audition class consists of a short ballet warm up class taught by an ACB soloist, and repertoire taught by Sheena Annalise.
Although pointe work is not required, those planning on wearing pointe shoes during the intensive must audition in pointe shoes.
There is no dress code at the Arch Ballet Summer Program, but please wear form-fitting dancewear and style hair neatly away from your face. Most students wear a leotard and tights or shorts, but there is no restriction on color or style. No loose shirts or baggy pants, very form fitting dancewear. Pointe shoes are encouraged but are not required, you must state on your application if you plan to do pointework or flat. Flesh tone ballet flats or Apolla Performance Wear Socks required, if not on pointe. Men wear flesh ballet flats or Apolla Performance Wear Socks.
- Apolla Performance Wear Warm Up Socks has created footwear for ballet dancers that provides Arch Support, Ankle Stability, Energy Absorption, and the option for Customizable Traction. Targeted compression zones help lift and stabilize the plantar fascia (and the 3 outer ankle ligaments most prone to injury in a roll), effective energy absorption, and the ability to strengthen or develope your feet create a great warm up/barre aide. Catch some of our dancers wearing these for warm up on our Instagram page @archballet. Purchase your pair here. Receive 10% off your purchase with discount code ArchApollaDiscount.
Before the Audition: If you have registered online prior to your audition class, arrive at least 5 minutes before the audition time to check in and find your seat for Performance : Introduction to Arch Ballet Repertoire – World Premiere of Innate Prismrose. If you have not registered in advance for your audition class, arrive 15 minutes early and exact change of $30 cash. All auditionees must bring headshot and dance resume back to back one page.
Audition by Video
2017 Video Audition Submission : Deadline April 1st (If you are reading this past the deadline please email email@example.com to inquire about wait list availability) If students are unable to attend an in person audition class, they may audition via video (link only, no mailed hard copies accepted).
- Pirouette combination
- Solo (on pointe if applicable) – You are welcome to showcase your own choreography or someone else’s. Classical or contemporary are welcome.
Tips and How To Make a Video:
- State or list your name and information at the beginning of the video
- Save your video to a commonly used online video service such as YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
- Please make sure to save your video either as public or unlisted. Private videos are not accessible to us through our system and will delay processing of your audition.
- Note: If you are not familiar with making a video link, here are a few links to help you get started:
- How to make a video –www.real.com/resources/how-to-make-youtube-videos
After the Audition
Results of auditions will be sent by email. Results processing is 7 days.
Note: If you have not received an email within 7 days after your audition, please check your junk mail, then contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the student’s full name and primary email provided at registration within the email body.